IMPORTANT TESTING UPDATE
Mobile Testing Clinics will be available throughout the State. To request a test, call your GP or the Public Health Hotline (1800 671 738).
Anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms should come forward and get tested. If in doubt, get a test.
Important Links and Information
West Coast Municipality Covid-19 Community Contacts - Support Services
The Premier's Plan to Rebuild a Stronger Tasmania here
Council is aware that Covid-19 is impacting our community. Be assured that Council and State and Federal Governments are working to support our community and implement effective measures. We urge you to practice social distancing, good hygiene and stay informed.
For current health & restrictions advice:
The Tasmanian Government has declared a State of Emergency and border restrictions apply.
- Public Health Hotline – 1800 671 738
- National Coronavirus Hotline – 1800 020 080
- Education Hotline – 1800 816 057
Open to the public
Due to recent restrictions being lifted we are happy to announce that we are now open to the public.
We can only allow 14 people to enter our facility at this time, please remember to sanitise your hands on the way in and practice social distancing.
Please note that if you;
Have a fever or respiratory symptoms,
Have been travelling internationally within the last 14 days, or
Have been in contact with someone that has returned a positive COVID-19 test result we cannot let you in.
Works requests can still be entered via our website, alternatively you can call or email us and we can put the request in for you.
We appreciate your patience at this time, stay safe, we will get through this together as a community.
Council’s priority is the protection of our community and staff to ensure ongoing operations. Observing restrictions, the following changes have been made to Council operations and facilities:
- A fourteen-person limit applies in the front desk waiting area, overflow available, please ring or email if possible. A variety of payment methods exist such as providing credit or debit card over phone to reception staff, internet banking or direct deposit.
- Face to face operations have resumed at the Visitor Centre with reduced hours.
- Hire/use of all Council facilities are being reviewed to ensure distancing and hygiene standards are met.
- Waste Collection is operating normally.
- Responses to Works Requests are operating normally.
- Parking meters on the West Coast are in operation.
- All Swimming Pools Closed
- All Campgrounds Open - Lake Burbury & Macquarie Heads including permit holders
- Skate parks and play equipment in all parks open.
The Covid-19 situation is changing rapidly, and further changes are likely. Latest information will be provided on this post. Signs will be on facilities that are closed or restricted.
As more people go into isolation and due to the stress of the situation on everyone in our community please be aware of your own and your loves ones mental health. You can call the below numbers for support:
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636