West Coast Council is seeking Lifeguards for our swimming pools for the upcoming season. This is a casual position. The season is anticipated to commence 1 December 2019 through to 29 February 2020.
If you have a strong work ethic, great focus and love working with members of the public? Then this might be the role for you! Whilst experience is preferred, it is not a pre-requisite for this role.
About the role:
- General life-guarding duties and supervision
- Plant room operation
- Opening and closing of venue
- Maintaining pool and venue cleanliness
- Answering customer queries
- Cash handling
- Record keeping
- We believe that positive energy is contagious, and we are looking for you to share your can-do attitude with others in the workplace
- You are available for casual weekday hours and are also willing to work weekends
- You hold, or are willing to obtain:
- Pool Lifeguard certificate
- First Aid
- Working with Children Check
For those who are successful but need to get their qualifications, the Royal Life Saving Society will be running lifeguard courses in Queenstown on Friday 22 Sunday 24 November 2019.
If you enjoy a challenge, want to be part of Council’s team and contribute to the wellbeing of the West Coast community, please forward your application along with a cover statement addressing the selection criteria to Council’s Corporate & Strategic Services Assistant via email email@example.com.
Suitable applicants working towards gaining the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 8 November 2019.