Covid-19 Information and Updates


Mobile Testing Clinics will be on the West Coast in late May. 29- 30 May: Rosebery, 31 May-1 June: Queenstown.To request a test, call your GP or the Public Health Hotline (1800 671 738). You can only be tested if you have a referral. 

Anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms should come forward and get tested. If in doubt, get a test.

The Premier's Plan to Rebuild a Stronger Tasmania here

If you have even mild flu symptoms arrange a Covid-19 test by speaking to your GP or calling the Public Health Hotline 1800 671 738.

As of 30th March, Council offices are closed to the general public. Although we are no longer doing face to face we can still assist you on phone, email, by post or if you drop a letter in our new post box outside the Queenstown office.

Information on Health, Restrictions & Council Operations

Information about Economic Support & Rates

Information on Local Business Operations

Dismiss alert
Online Council Meetings

You can access the live stream of the Council Meeting taking place Tuesday 26 May 2020, 5:00pm here: All questions from the public should be submitted to the General Manager or a Councillor (to raise on your behalf) up to 7 days prior to the meeting. Those submitted after that time will be taken as questions without notice. A recording of the meeting will be available on our website in the days following the meeting.

You do not need a Microsoft Teams account to join the live stream, select "view in browser" and then "join anonymously".

Dismiss alert

Rates Pension Remissions

Those pensioners eligible for assistance under the Local Government (Rates and Charges Remission) Act 1991 may receive a rebate off their property rates.

Pensioners must possess a current Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) or Health Care Card as issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs.

To be eligible the date of receiving the card must be on or before the start of the current financial year (1st July), and you must own or be purchasing the property that is occupied as your principal place of residence as at 1st July the year you wish to make a claim. You may only claim a Pension Remission on your principal place of residence and only one remission per household is allowed.

If you have claimed a pension remission last year the Revenue Department should have your details on file. If a remission has been calculated the remission should be in the rebate column and your instalments adjusted accordingly.

If you are eligible for a Pension Remission, Council staff will recalculate your instalment amount for you.

If you did not claim a Pensioner Remission last year, you will need to complete a Pensioner Remission application form when you come in to the Council Office to make your first payment. The cashier will also need to sight your current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (PCC), Health Care Card or your DVA Reputation Health Card (Gold Card), which bear the inscription "War Widow" or "TPI". No other cards are accepted for verifying a rate remission.

Please Note: Eligible pensioners must claim their rebate before 31 March.

Concession Remission Form 2019-2020