The West Coast Council passed a resolution in February 2017 to establish an Education and Training Advisory Committee (ETAC).
This brings the West Coast a step closer to implementing further outcomes from the West Coast Community Plan 2025.
The Committee will assist Council to drive forward and enhance education and training initiatives for the region, and to make recommendations to Council on critical issues and education and training opportunities generally. The committee will meet approximately six times per year, reporting to Council formally each quarter.
Current members are:
- Shane Pitt (Deputy Mayor)
- Terry Shea (Councillor)
- Leigh Styles (Councillor)
- Amanda Metrikas (West Coast Hub)
- Peter McBain (St Joseph's Primary, Rosebery)
- Danielle Kidd (UTAS)
- Sharon Woodberry (representing West Coast public schools)
- Jeff Triffitt (Department of Education, Learning Services)
- Chris Walpole (Community Pharmacist)
Council's Community Development & Events Officer acts as Committee Secretariat.
2018 ETAC Meeting dates:
- Wednesday 28 February
- Wednesday 2 May
- Wednesday 4 July
- Wednesday 5 September
- Wednesday 7 November
- Wednesday 5 December
|Position||Community Development & Events Coordinator|
|Contact Details||Work: 03 64714 700
Mobile: 0408 949 469