We are currently seeking expressions of interest to join the West Coast Council’s Education and Training Advisory Committee (ETAC). This committee plays a vital role in advising the Council on matters relating to education and training and has been instrumental in securing projects such as the Study Hub.
If you have an interest and skills in education, training, or learning, along with a connection to and passion for the West Coast we want to hear from you.
Members of ETAC can be either organisations or individuals, and they will be selected based on:
- capability and expertise to provide advice to Council and to generally contribute to the growth of positive outcomes related to education and training.
- expertise in one or more of; education, training, early childhood learning, informal learning, continuous learning, education to work pathway development or delivery at a local or regional level, or Industry experience and knowledge in sectors relevant to the education and training of West Coast communities.
- ability to provide support in time and capability to attend meetings of the ETAC as scheduled and to progress projects and other work in support of ETAC.
- ensuring representation of key groups and sectors including, but not limited to, educators, training providers, industry, job pathway agencies, informal learning experts, as appropriate.
- their connection and commitment to the West Coast community.
There will be up to eight members chosen by Council to work with the Community over the coming years on boosting education and training in our region.
Please include in your application:
- Information relating to the above selection criteria.
- Advise on the amount of time you could provide to ETAC related work.
- A statement relating to what you would like to achieve through your ETAC membership.
We expect selection to occur prior to the end of June, and you may be contacted with a request for more information or to attend an interview.
Applications can be made to email@example.com, ATTN: General Manager)
Submissions Due 16th June 2020