We are currently seeking expressions of interest to join the West Coast Council’s Livable Communities Advisory Committee (LCAC). This committee is a new initiative arising from the West Coast Community Plan 2025 and will a vital role in advising the Council on matters relating to health, aging and wellbeing.
If you have an interest and skills in health, ageing or well-being, along with a connection to and passion for the West Coast we want to hear from you.
Members of LCAC can be either organisations or individuals, and they will be selected based on:
- capability and expertise to provide advice to Council and to generally contribute to the growth of health, active living and well-being participation and positive outcomes.
- expertise in one or more of; health, aged care, active living, sport, recreation and well-being research, program development or delivery at a local or regional level, or Industry experience and knowledge in sectors relevant to the health and wellbeing of West Coast communities.
- ability to provide support in time and capability to attend meetings of the LCAC as scheduled and to progress projects and other work in support of LCAC.
- ensuring representation of key groups and sectors including, but not limited to, health care providers, community members, public and preventive health, health research, recreation, and wellbeing expert, as appropriate.
- their connection and commitment to the West Coast community.
There will be up to eight members chosen by Council to work with the Community over the coming years on boosting health and wellbeing in our region.
Please include in your application:
- Information relating to the above selection criteria.
- Advise on the amount of time you could provide to LCAC related work.
- A statement relating to what you would like to achieve through your LCAC membership.
We expect selection to occur prior to the end of June, and you may be contacted with a request for more information or to attend an interview.
Applications can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN General Manager
Submissions Due 16 June 2020