|30 August 2017
The draft West Coast Aquatic Facilities Strategy is now available for public comment. The strategy provides options for future provision and management of West Coast swimming pools.
“This is a comprehensive document providing real options for Council and the community to consider, both for short term and long term operations of our swimming pools,” West Coast Mayor Phil Vickers said.
“Consultants, @leisure planners, have done a great job at listening to the community, assessing our current infrastructure, and determining the region’s needs in the future,” Mayor Vickers said.
West Coast Council currently operates outdoor, seasonal swimming pools in Queenstown, Rosebery and Zeehan.
Have your say
Council is seeking input on the report from the broader community and users to determine the future of the existing pools and the future plan for these facilities.
The document is available from a number of sources:
- Project webpage: http://www.atleisure.com.au/currentprojects/west-coast.
- West Coast Council Office, 11 Sticht Street, Queenstown
- West Coast Council agencies at the Zeehan Post Office, Strahan Post Office and Rosebery District High School
- Project Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/atleisurewestcoast/
Ways to get involved
- Community meeting – Queenstown Council Chambers – Monday 4th September 6:00-7:00pm
- Submissions regarding the draft Strategy must be received, in writing, by 5pm Friday 8 September 2017 via:
- Visit the project web page which contains a template to provide feedback http://www.atleisure.com.au/current-projects/west-coast
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to PO Box 63, Queenstown TAS 7467
- In person at West Coast Council Office, 11 Sticht Street, Queenstown
- Make a comment on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/atleisurewestcoast/