|14 June 2017
Council has appointed consultants to prepare an aquatic strategy for the municipality
@leisure Planners has been appointed by the West Coast Council to prepare an Aquatic Strategy for the region. The Aquatic Strategy will:
- Assess the condition of the existing pools, and review usage, pricing and performance.
- Engage with users and the community about future options for aquatic facilities
- Analyse the likely demand for aquatic facilities and services in West Coast
- Present options and a long-term plan for how swimming pools will ‘look’/operate in the future
- Prepare a 1 year and a 3 business plan for the operation of the swimming pool/s in a manner that is supported/understood by all stakeholders and within Council’s budget capabilities.
The project report will be submitted to Council in August 2017.
Have your say
Council is seeking input from the broader community and users to determine the future of the existing pools and the future plan for these facilities. We would like to know:
- How, when, and what activities you use the existing pools for?
- What is the best mix of aquatic facilities required in the long term across the Council area that can maximize usage, and provide an acceptable level of service within budget.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each pool; in-terms of the facility and the service it provides for the whole community? For example: people learning to swim, families with children, teenagers and young people, people who swim or go to programs for fitness, older adults and people with a disability, and residents and workers.
- What would encourage you to visit your local pool, or to visit it more often?
- Any other suggestions about the future development or operation of swimming pools in West Coast Council.
- Visit the project web page to see what is going on - http://www.atleisure.com.au/currentprojects/west-coast
- Fill in an online survey which will be available shortly
- Make a comment on Facebook or on the webpage https://www.facebook.com/atleisurewestcoast/
- Send your thoughts in writing as a submission.
- Email your written ideas and comments to: email@example.com
- Come to your closest pool and meet with the consultants to discuss its features and future:
- Rosebery: Thursday 22 June, Hawks Clubrooms from 6pm-8pm. A tour of the pool facilities is available from 4pm-4.30pm
- Queenstown: Friday 23 June, Council Chambers from 6pm-8pm. A tour of the pool facilities is available from 10am-10.30am
- Zeehan: Saturday 24 June at the Zeehan Town Hall from 9am-11am. A tour of the pool facilities is available from 10am-10.30am on Friday 23 June
- Comment on the draft strategy at the end of the project
Ways to get involved
In addition, @leisure will be making direct telephone contact with local organisations to seek their views.