COVID-19 ECONOMIC SUPPORT
- Business Tasmania Hotline – 1800 440 026
- Events Tasmania Hotline – 1300 880 634
West Coast Council understands that currently many businesses and individuals have been impacted by recent events and that the impact of these events will continue to grow as time goes on. This post provides the latest information on stimulus packages and a summary of the help available to our community. If you or your family has been financially impacted by Covid-19 please call Centrelink on 13 24 68. If you are a business that has been impacted, please call Business Tas on 1800 440 026 for more information.
Council and all our staff are working hard to provide targeted and effective assistance and wish to advise that Council is currently:
- Offering payment plans for rates and other Council debt for those experiencing hardship (contact the Council office)
- Considering requests for remission or postponement of rates on a case-by-case basis. If you have been impacted by the recent Covid-19 please write to (or email) the General Manager with your request.
- Continuing to employ our staff, including casuals, to provide services to the community. Where some services are not required, or capacity is reduced we are working to redeploy staff.
- Continuing to pay contractors as quickly as possible.
- Continuing to maintain and upgrade infrastructure that is/will be required.
The Cradle Coast Authority (CCA) has launched a Regional Restart Hub on its website, to help businesses recover from the impact of COVID-19.
The Hub has three key features:
* Request a mentor – small business owners can complete a simple online form to help CCA match them with a volunteer mentor. This free service was announced last week.
* Funding Finder – users can easily search for grants and other financial assistance, viewing key eligibility information at a glance.
* Tools, tips and checklists – practical tools that small business owners can work through by themselves or with their mentor, to help them get their business back on track.
West Coast Businesses:
- We encourage all businesses to contact Business Tasmania (and regularly check the below resources) for updates and details on the various assistance packages available. Please do not wait to contact Business Tasmania. They are there to help.
- Please ensure your current contact details (phone number and email) are provided to our Economic Development & Tourism Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org ). This will ensure you are included in direct emails and contact moving forward (and beyond the current situation).
- Call your bank, financial advisor and/or accountant. Use their expertise to provide advice on how to manage things now, and as we move forward. The Tourism Industry Council of Tasmania has been funded to offer a free consultation service with an experienced financial advisor to tourism operators. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Worksafe Tas have a comprehensive list of resources on their website around the impending requirements for industry and workplaces to ensure that business operations are COVID safe:
West Coast Individuals/Families:
- If you have been financially impacted please contact Centrelink via their website or call 13 24 68.
West Coast Community Organisations:
You are the lifeblood of the West Coast, run by volunteers and providing essential services and recreational connectivity to our region. We know you too have been hit hard by Covid-19. Council’s Community Development Officer is here to provide assistance, especially as we come out the end of this situation. Please ensure your current contact details (phone number and email) are provided to us (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) so that you are included in direct emails and contact moving forward.
West Coast Events:
The State Government has created a hotline, 1300 880 634, to provide assistance to organisers of events.
West Coast Council alongside other Councils and the State Government is looking at what we can do to support the community and impacted businesses. As we consider these matters, we will keep the community updated. It is important that support offered is targeted and effective and that Council maintains the ability to provide employment in the community, support local contractors and delivery essential services and infrastructure.
West Coast Council can be contacted at this number: 64 714 700 and on this email: email@example.com for all enquiries.
West Coast Ratepayers
Rates play an important part in making sure Council can provide essential services to the community to the benefit of all residents.
Council recognises the financial impact that Covid-19 is having and will have on local business and workers.
To assist rate payers who are experiencing hardship with the 2019-2020 rates due to COVID-19 Council can offer the following options:
- Council can enter into a payment plan with you to spread payments over further instalments. If you wish to do this, please contact Council via our phone number or email.
- If you are experiencing hardship related to COVID-19 you can contact us at Council to discuss options. Council has determined not to apply interest to postponed rates.
- Ratepayers have the option under the Local Government Act 1993 to apply for a rates remission. Requests for a remission should be addressed to the Council, be in writing, and detail all information that may be relevant to the Council’s consideration of the remission request.
Information regarding Aurora’s COVID-19 response is available here
NBN FAQ'S can be found here
Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry:
TCCI have a dedicated business hotline 1300 559 112 and information available here
Tasmanian Hospitality Association:
THA is providing access to free business advice and other information is available here