IMPORTANT TESTING UPDATE
Mobile Testing Clinics will be on the West Coast in late May. 29- 30 May: Rosebery, 31 May-1 June: Queenstown.To request a test, call your GP or the Public Health Hotline (1800 671 738). You can only be tested if you have a referral.
Anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms should come forward and get tested. If in doubt, get a test.
Important Links and Information
West Coast Municipality Covid-19 Community Contacts - Support Services
The Premier's Plan to Rebuild a Stronger Tasmania here
Council is aware that Covid-19 is impacting our community. Be assured that Council and State and Federal Governments are working to support our community and implement effective measures. We urge you to practice social distancing, good hygiene and stay informed.
For current health & restrictions advice:
The Tasmanian Government has declared a State of Emergency and border restrictions apply.
- Public Health Hotline – 1800 671 738
- National Coronavirus Hotline – 1800 020 080
- Education Hotline – 1800 816 057
Ceasing Face to Face Operations
Due to the Covid-19 virus, Council will be ceasing face to face operations and closing Council offices to the general public from Monday, 30th March, to reduce the risk of exposure to our staff. Although we can no longer see you in person, we will still be working hard to provide Council services to the community and can assist you by other means. We ask going forward that you contact us via the below methods:
- Phone: 03 6471 4700
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: West Coast Council, PO BOX 63, QUEENSTOWN TAS 7467
If you would like to make a payment you can do so by:
- Bank Transfer
- Australia Post
- Over the phone payment
- setting up a recurring payment with your bank account or
- setting up a recurring payment with us by direct debit
During this time you can find information on Council operations, Council updates and forms on this website. Additionally, we will be placing a mailbox outside the front of Council offices on Queenstown where you can drop off completed forms and other correspondence.
Information of how council meetings will be affected and how you cans till submit your questions to Council can be found here
Works requests can still be entered via our website, alternatively you can call or email us and we can put the request in for you.
We appreciate your patience at this time, stay safe, we will get through this together as a community.
Council’s priority is the protection of our community and staff to ensure ongoing operations. Observing restrictions, the following changes have been made to Council operations and facilities:
- Access to Council offices is by intercom system at door only, a staff member will assess whether physical entry is needed. A four-person limit applies in the front desk waiting area, overflow available, please ring or email if possible. A variety of payment methods exist such as providing credit or debit card over phone to reception staff, internet banking or direct deposit.
- Face to face operations have been suspended at the Visitor Centre but staff can still assist you via phone, email or online. Hard-copy information is available outside the Centre.
- Gyms and Indoor Sports Facilities are closed.
- Strahan public toilets are closed except the Esplanade toilet next to the Visitor Centre – all other public toilets remain open
- Hire/use of all Council facilities are being reviewed to ensure distancing and hygiene standards are met.
- All Town Halls Closed – Rosebery, Queenstown, Zeehan and Tullah
- Waste Collection is operating normally.
- Responses to Works Requests are operating normally.
- Parking meters on the West Coast are no longer in operation.
- All Swimming Pools Closed
- All Campgrounds Closed - Lake Burbury & Macquarie Heads including permit holders
- All MTB Trails Closed
- Skate parks and play equipment in all parks closed.
The Covid-19 situation is changing rapidly, and further changes are likely. Latest information will be provided on this post. Signs will be on facilities that are closed or restricted.
As more people go into isolation and due to the stress of the situation on everyone in our community please be aware of your own and your loves ones mental health. You can call the below numbers for support:
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636